Saturday, April 25, 2009

Old Men Shouldn't Shop

Early today I went to my favorite Big Box Store "CHINA'S BEST FRIEND". Its not that I don't Love America. We don't have a soup kitchen. so I have to buy my chicken broth and bacon bits as cheap as I can find them. I make my own soup with added water. But I'm leaving my train of thought.

I was really thinking about that "Old Saw" that women use (Shop till You Drop). I was busy looking for wheat Flakes, skim milk, and rubber gloves. My wife doesn't like me to touch her with my bear(bare) hands. 

 Suddenly, as I was shopping, my legs said you are going to drop. My legs are always the first to know.
I rushed to the checkout counter to avoid a 911 call. I frightened away one person in my line by shouting "Sick man coming through." ( I had once used that line on a crowed bus when I was a young foolish over drinker.  I had to throw up on three people to clear the way. By the time I got off the Bus there was enough room for everybody to sit.) But [once again] I have wondered from the path of my story. Old men often do that.

The point is , old me should not shop unless they have a companion. Dropping to the floor in a large store will either get you trampled on or make someone swap mouth juice with you for no good cause. Old men shouldn't shop except in an emergence.

William Hodge

No comments:

Post a Comment