I went to a Unitarian Universalist Church in Columbia, SC for a brief time many years ago when I began my love affair with being a Seeker of new ideas. It was too far to drive . My commitment level to anything was not at the "passionate" level in those days. Actually, it still isn't. But I have good memories of warm, tolorant, and thoughtful people. Any Group that could welcome a former conservative Southern Baptist into their church approached life with open arms. I found this Group while Facebook surfing and wanted to share their humor with you.
You may be a Unitarian Universalist if:
1. You think socks are too formal for a Summer service.
2. You know at least 5 ways to say "Happy holidays!"
3. Your idea of a guy's night out is going to a N.O.W. rally.
4. Unleavened bread is part of your Easter Brunch.
5. You refer to construction paper as "paper of color."
6. The name of your church is longer than your arm.
7. You find yourself rewriting a church survey, rather than taking it.
8. You call up your minister in the middle of the night, panicking because you are starting to believe in God.
9. To explain your personal theology, you have to use interpretive dance.
10. You take your day planner to church instead of the Bible.